Adventures in Babysitting

Life is good. Our first two weeks of program camps were kids camps, so campus was full of kids 3-6th grade. I worked mostly as a belayer for the vertical playground and climbing walls, as well as tying a fair amount of water balloons which the kids used in our water balloon war zone.

We hosted a carnival on Wednesday night of each week which was a lot of fun, for both the kids and the staff. The first week I tested out the dunk tank (yes, it's cold) and ran the bouncy house (hey you, your time is up, get out). This week Amy and I volunteered to get pied in the face, which was definitely the more fun station. I lost count of how many times I thought my nose was broken, and the whipped cream went bad about 5 minutes after it hit us, but luckily there were so many kids interested, that we didn't have much of a break between each pie.
Tomorrow the high schoolers come, which will be a whole new playing field. I get to start being Nurse Vickie, which will be a great experience and give me the chance to study for the test that I'm still waiting to be allowed to take (the dreaded NCLEX). I head back to Portland next weekend for the Dugger/Nye wedding, and I'm looking forward to showing off my sweet tan lines. And sleeping in a real bed. Then it's back to camp for middle school week with my RHCC students!
Blake's house also has much faster internet, so here are some pictures from the last few weeks.








Comments
Post a Comment