It's a good anxious...
but my nails are practically gone.
Historically that implies that I have recently studied for and taken an important exam, or wrote a paper in the wee hours of the morning the night before it was due. It’s an anxiety thing.
I haven’t taken a test in 7 months and I haven’t written a paper in over a year. Now, I’m anxious for the beginning of what I had been working toward with all of those papers and exams. I start at Hopkins on Monday, and it seems very surreal that it’s actually here. Finally.
4 years of nursing school. 4 months of studying for my licensure exam. Over 50 applications filled out. The one I sent in for this particular job was submitted on November 4th. I went in for my one and only interview on December 29th. I received my offer letter January 12th. You can see why I’m anxious- that’s a lot of waiting. And I’ve had a few other things to focus on in the meantime.
I’ve tried to keep my mind off my nerves by focusing on the exciting things in my life. Like my new car!

It’s a 2008 Mazda 3 with a manual transmission and a sun roof- which has been open every day but one since I got it. I will take Maryland winters over Valpo winters every day of the week.
And my new computer! (it’s been a bit like Christmas meets Birthday here this week- which is how my life works anyway)

While I also love, especially since my college laptop couldn’t function as a real laptop due to it’s inability to hold any charge. This one seems to have an endless battery.
And our trip to Oregon for Dad’s Celebration of Life service (you can find the details here) where I might also be able to watch the Debs (seriously) contend for the state title. I’m looking forward to seeing people and hearing lots of stories about Dad, especially ones where he’s not “dad.”
But for now, I continue to gnaw at my fingertips. It’s almost Career Day!! ( you know, the day when you start your career)
And because we can't get enough Karl Pilkington in our house, and I feel like the rest of the world is really just missing out... make sure you watch this.
Historically that implies that I have recently studied for and taken an important exam, or wrote a paper in the wee hours of the morning the night before it was due. It’s an anxiety thing.
I haven’t taken a test in 7 months and I haven’t written a paper in over a year. Now, I’m anxious for the beginning of what I had been working toward with all of those papers and exams. I start at Hopkins on Monday, and it seems very surreal that it’s actually here. Finally.
4 years of nursing school. 4 months of studying for my licensure exam. Over 50 applications filled out. The one I sent in for this particular job was submitted on November 4th. I went in for my one and only interview on December 29th. I received my offer letter January 12th. You can see why I’m anxious- that’s a lot of waiting. And I’ve had a few other things to focus on in the meantime.
I’ve tried to keep my mind off my nerves by focusing on the exciting things in my life. Like my new car!

It’s a 2008 Mazda 3 with a manual transmission and a sun roof- which has been open every day but one since I got it. I will take Maryland winters over Valpo winters every day of the week.
And my new computer! (it’s been a bit like Christmas meets Birthday here this week- which is how my life works anyway)

While I also love, especially since my college laptop couldn’t function as a real laptop due to it’s inability to hold any charge. This one seems to have an endless battery.
And our trip to Oregon for Dad’s Celebration of Life service (you can find the details here) where I might also be able to watch the Debs (seriously) contend for the state title. I’m looking forward to seeing people and hearing lots of stories about Dad, especially ones where he’s not “dad.”
But for now, I continue to gnaw at my fingertips. It’s almost Career Day!! ( you know, the day when you start your career)
And because we can't get enough Karl Pilkington in our house, and I feel like the rest of the world is really just missing out... make sure you watch this.

Comments
Post a Comment