Because I knew you.... I have been changed for good
I was going through pictures on my computer and facebook to decorate my new apartment with, when I came across these three.



Simultaneously, “For Good” from Wicked was playing on my iTunes shuffle. Coincidence? I think not.
They say that you make your best friends in college. And while I wholeheartedly agree that my four years at Valpo left me with a myriad of friends I don’t deserve, I wouldn’t have gotten there without these girls.
It was a true joy to watch each of them get married this past summer- worth taking the break from the real world to spend time in Oregon, celebrating with them as they entered the next stage in life. Each ceremony was characteristically them- and each of their new husbands seems a perfect match. I like to say that the only way four girls can remain such good friends for so long is if they aren’t interested in the same boys- which is evident by with whom each of them chose to spend forever. (Not that we didn’t try to date the same boys in high school, before we knew better…)
As I moved across the country after high school, it became obvious quickly who my truest friends were, and these three girls were among them. Although we would often go months without talking or sharing in each other’s lives, whenever we reunited, it was as if no time had passed. There is a bond that is formed when you survive the most awkward stages of life together, that no amount of time or distance can break.
We’ve seen each other at our best and at our worst- we’ve done awful things to each other and survived to joke about it years later. We’ve cried, danced, served and laughed hysterically together, and I cherish each of them.
“So much of me, is made of what I learned from you, you’ll be with me like a handprint on my heart, and now whatever way our stories end, I know you have rewritten mine, by being my friend”
Thank you, girls, for the… countless years of friendship- I can’t wait to see what the future holds ☺



Simultaneously, “For Good” from Wicked was playing on my iTunes shuffle. Coincidence? I think not.
They say that you make your best friends in college. And while I wholeheartedly agree that my four years at Valpo left me with a myriad of friends I don’t deserve, I wouldn’t have gotten there without these girls.
It was a true joy to watch each of them get married this past summer- worth taking the break from the real world to spend time in Oregon, celebrating with them as they entered the next stage in life. Each ceremony was characteristically them- and each of their new husbands seems a perfect match. I like to say that the only way four girls can remain such good friends for so long is if they aren’t interested in the same boys- which is evident by with whom each of them chose to spend forever. (Not that we didn’t try to date the same boys in high school, before we knew better…)
As I moved across the country after high school, it became obvious quickly who my truest friends were, and these three girls were among them. Although we would often go months without talking or sharing in each other’s lives, whenever we reunited, it was as if no time had passed. There is a bond that is formed when you survive the most awkward stages of life together, that no amount of time or distance can break.
We’ve seen each other at our best and at our worst- we’ve done awful things to each other and survived to joke about it years later. We’ve cried, danced, served and laughed hysterically together, and I cherish each of them.
“So much of me, is made of what I learned from you, you’ll be with me like a handprint on my heart, and now whatever way our stories end, I know you have rewritten mine, by being my friend”
Thank you, girls, for the… countless years of friendship- I can’t wait to see what the future holds ☺

Comments
Post a Comment