simple blessings

I’m a little ashamed. For the blogaholic that I am, I’m pretty terrible at keeping mine updated. I have this grand idea that in order to put together a blog post I have to have a thesis, supporting arguments, a persuasive conclusion or just a really grand idea- and I don’t always have the time, energy or epiphanies to make that happen. But my blogstalking has reminded me that not all posts have to be groundbreaking, some of my favorites are the simply weekly listed ones. So, I’m taking a cue, and starting my own. It’s called Simple Blessings- and my hope is to share with you the little ways God has shown me His love in the last week. For instance, this week…

- a beautiful, healthy, baby girl surrounded by more love than she’ll ever know what to do with
- coworkers who believe in me and my nursing skills, and challenge me with the more critical patients
- and yet who are always willing to step in when I need a hand or teach me when I ask too many questions
- chocolate dipped Ritz peanut butter sandwiches
- fresh cooked bacon after a long night shift
- a clean, vacuumed apartment at the end of a long day shift
- “can I tell you a secret? You’re my favorite!”
- “Do we get to have you back tonight?”
- introducing aforementioned baby girl to her incredibly proud uncle, via skype
- shitcapades
- “Do you have a pen?”
- Rangers leading the series 3-2
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Moneyball and how much he would have loved it
- A perfect song at the end of a perfect movie
- A picturesque fall day in downtown Annapolis
- Pat Linnell Sundays
- Actually getting to go to church!
- 30 mpg and my EZpass
- “goodnight gorgeous girl”
- a weekend that promises to be full of love and laughter
- getting to play host
- Mat Kearney playing on the radio
- And in the store
- And my iTunes shuffle
- Approved Visas
- Newborn outfits with matching hoodies
- Nurse Vickie -> Model Vickie
- Two early mornings with a tired mind, but renewed soul, and worship songs on repeat in my head
- No alarm set for the morning

because she's too cute not to look at one more time...

Comments

Popular Posts