2013: Resolutions and Goals
Well folks, we're a week into the new year, and it's time to get serious about my goals for the year. You may remember two years ago when I mentioned that I like setting goals rather than resolutions when a new year rolls around and this year is no different. I've done some thinking and it looks like 2013 could be a big year for me, so the list isn't too long, in hopes that I'll be able to actually get something accomplished, but feel free to ask me for updates whenever you want. What else is the point of putting your life on the Internet for everyone to see right? Accountability, folks, that's what I'm talking about. (for instance "Vickie why do you always use "folks" in your blog posts, when I've never actually heard you say it in real life?" good question! Maybe I'll add it to my verbal vocab.) anyway, without further ado...
1. Blog more- Are you surprised? Excited? Doubtful? I'm actually pretty proud of the fact that I've had more blog posts every year, and I'm hoping this year they go from just being updates of my travels to more of my "everyday life" feel free to skip over stuff if you're not interested- it won't hurt my feelings :)
2. Buy a house- big deal here people... I'm crossing into real adult territory. Time to get serious. Also, who's excited bout decorating? This girl. You know what else decorating gets you? Blog posts. Boom. Goal cross-over.
3. Stop buying new clothes. For realizes. I've given myself a budget of $500 to spend on clothing for the entire year. Think that's a lot? Don't ask what I spent this year, because I really have no clue, but I guarantee it was way more than that. If you've seen my closet, you know I already have too many clothes. If you haven't seen my closet, imagine something the size of your dorm room so full of clothes that you don't even know what happened to that shirt you bought last week, or the pants from last fall. Since I plan on moving, I'm also going to reward myself for cleaning out said closest by giving myself another $100 for each full bag of clothing I get rid of. It's time to get creative with what I have when I want something new to wear, instead of just buying new clothes because I can. (let's also remember that I wear scrubs about 80% of the time anyway, further proving the point that I'm wasting money on new clothes.) Get excited for some outfit posts ladies and gents!
4. Finish projects- currently, my trunk is full of empty picture frames and there are about 8 blank canvases sitting in my living room. Decorating projects I started, and never finished. Remember how im buying a house? That means I can get serious about these decorating "projects"- paint walls, put up pictures... You know, make it look like I actually live in the place instead of like i just moved in (almost 2 years ago).
5. Go back to school. Now that I think I have finalized my interest of study, it's time to take full advantage of the benefits of my job and go back to school part-time to get my Masters. Part of me is itching to go back to writing papers and doing research in something I am passionate about. Call me crazy.
There you have 'em... My goals for 2013. I think they're doable, but maybe buying a new house, decorating it, going back to school while working full time is a little much? I'm good at multi-tasking? Sink or swim, here goes nothing.
1. Blog more- Are you surprised? Excited? Doubtful? I'm actually pretty proud of the fact that I've had more blog posts every year, and I'm hoping this year they go from just being updates of my travels to more of my "everyday life" feel free to skip over stuff if you're not interested- it won't hurt my feelings :)
2. Buy a house- big deal here people... I'm crossing into real adult territory. Time to get serious. Also, who's excited bout decorating? This girl. You know what else decorating gets you? Blog posts. Boom. Goal cross-over.
3. Stop buying new clothes. For realizes. I've given myself a budget of $500 to spend on clothing for the entire year. Think that's a lot? Don't ask what I spent this year, because I really have no clue, but I guarantee it was way more than that. If you've seen my closet, you know I already have too many clothes. If you haven't seen my closet, imagine something the size of your dorm room so full of clothes that you don't even know what happened to that shirt you bought last week, or the pants from last fall. Since I plan on moving, I'm also going to reward myself for cleaning out said closest by giving myself another $100 for each full bag of clothing I get rid of. It's time to get creative with what I have when I want something new to wear, instead of just buying new clothes because I can. (let's also remember that I wear scrubs about 80% of the time anyway, further proving the point that I'm wasting money on new clothes.) Get excited for some outfit posts ladies and gents!
4. Finish projects- currently, my trunk is full of empty picture frames and there are about 8 blank canvases sitting in my living room. Decorating projects I started, and never finished. Remember how im buying a house? That means I can get serious about these decorating "projects"- paint walls, put up pictures... You know, make it look like I actually live in the place instead of like i just moved in (almost 2 years ago).
5. Go back to school. Now that I think I have finalized my interest of study, it's time to take full advantage of the benefits of my job and go back to school part-time to get my Masters. Part of me is itching to go back to writing papers and doing research in something I am passionate about. Call me crazy.
There you have 'em... My goals for 2013. I think they're doable, but maybe buying a new house, decorating it, going back to school while working full time is a little much? I'm good at multi-tasking? Sink or swim, here goes nothing.

Comments
Post a Comment