Resolutions and Goals: July Edition
I'm just going to stop talking about how fast time is moving these days- I'm sure your summer has gone by just as quickly as mine has. Shoot, the beginning of August has already gotten away from me!
Without further ado...
1. Blog More- Still averaging about one a week. For now, I'll take it.
2. Buy a House- Check!
3. Stop Buying New Clothes- I did a little splurging this month because I took 3 bags of clothes to Goodwill a couple of weeks ago, which brings my new budget up to $547- and obvi that means I had to go right out and spend money, right? Now in true testament to why I don't need to be buying anymore clothes, I have to try to remember what I bought... oh right. $40 on a striped shirt from Francescas, $15 on a shirt from Forever 21, and another $15 on my favorite shorts that were on sale at J. Crew (seriously, how great are these chinos? They're on sale now too...) That brings my monthly spending to $70, and drops my budget down to $477. Oh gosh, I probably shouldn't know that there's that much left to spend. Hopefully I'll be able to fend off any back-to-school urges I feel this month.
4. Finish Projects- this one gets a big, fat, FAIL. Moving into my new house has meant a lot of new projects and decorating- not a whole lot of unpacking and finishing of projects. Here's a glimpse of what I've been working on. First- the two I finished...painting the living room, and adding a sweet (totes hipster) chalkboard wall to the entryway.

Till we meet again!
Without further ado...
1. Blog More- Still averaging about one a week. For now, I'll take it.
2. Buy a House- Check!
3. Stop Buying New Clothes- I did a little splurging this month because I took 3 bags of clothes to Goodwill a couple of weeks ago, which brings my new budget up to $547- and obvi that means I had to go right out and spend money, right? Now in true testament to why I don't need to be buying anymore clothes, I have to try to remember what I bought... oh right. $40 on a striped shirt from Francescas, $15 on a shirt from Forever 21, and another $15 on my favorite shorts that were on sale at J. Crew (seriously, how great are these chinos? They're on sale now too...) That brings my monthly spending to $70, and drops my budget down to $477. Oh gosh, I probably shouldn't know that there's that much left to spend. Hopefully I'll be able to fend off any back-to-school urges I feel this month.
4. Finish Projects- this one gets a big, fat, FAIL. Moving into my new house has meant a lot of new projects and decorating- not a whole lot of unpacking and finishing of projects. Here's a glimpse of what I've been working on. First- the two I finished...painting the living room, and adding a sweet (totes hipster) chalkboard wall to the entryway.
and onto the ones I haven't finished yet: my equally hipster photo collage wall, painting the fireplace, and not to mention unpacking all of the leftover stuff (not pictured, obvi)

5. Go Back to School- Turns out that moving and changing addresses in July was the worst idea ever when it comes to going back to school because that's exactly when UMd decided to mail my official registration info. That, coupled with my mail issues from the last month meant that I'm playing a little bit of catch up in terms of registration for classes, but it should still happen. Don't get me started on the ridiculous requirements when I'm doing "classwork only" but I guess it makes total sense to need two negative TB tests for an online class. (No, it doesn't)
Better news is that I was able to head down to DC to grab dinner and roam the town with Elle Dub and Courtney last week. It was absolutely beautiful, and I reminded how grateful I am to have such great friends living so close! Don't you want to come visit us?
| I chose this photo even though the lights are a little weird because I wanted to show off how awesome Courtney is for rocking cowboy boots to work at the US Capitol. #sodakpride |
Till we meet again!

Comments
Post a Comment