Resolutions & Goals: September and October Editions
well... yeah. so October happened.
Anyway, here's an update!
1. Blog More: sorry?
2. Buy a House: check! (and I even almost feel settled now!)
3. Stop Buying New Clothes: I'm honestly most mad at myself for not blogging last month because I was SO PROUD that I didn't spend a single dollar on clothes during September. Not even one. October on the other hand... I tried to spend $50 on a reeeeally cute dress from Francesca's online but they conspired against me and sent someone else's earrings instead, and by the time I got the package and told them they sent the wrong thing, the dress was sold out! Rude! So instead I spent $30 on a few sweaters from H&M and another $30 on a t-shirt at Disneyland, so a monthly total of $60, which brings my overall budget down to $357. When I was cleaning up for my out of town visitors, I even came up with another bag of clothing to donate, which would add more to the budget if I ever actually took them to be donated. You guys, I am really jonesing for a new pair of boots for this year and staring at that number just makes it so much worse...even if I don't really neeeeed them. (maybe this means this goal is actually working??!!)
4. Finish Projects: well, my master bedroom is practically complete, so I'm counting that as a project.
5. Go Back to School: My application to UMd is complete and awaiting a decision. I turned in all of my paperwork mid September, but they moved the deadline to October 15, so I imagine I'll have to be a bit more patient with the decision.
Saddest news of the months? Courtney got offered a new great job in SoDak, and left us. I haven't seen Elle Dub in ages because she's too busy saving the world and reporting on global issues and such.
I did have some great visitors and go on a lovely vacay to visit the fam in Southern California, and I'm hoping I'll stop being lazy and put together a few posts on those things soon.
...but don't hold me to it.
Anyway, here's an update!
1. Blog More: sorry?
2. Buy a House: check! (and I even almost feel settled now!)
3. Stop Buying New Clothes: I'm honestly most mad at myself for not blogging last month because I was SO PROUD that I didn't spend a single dollar on clothes during September. Not even one. October on the other hand... I tried to spend $50 on a reeeeally cute dress from Francesca's online but they conspired against me and sent someone else's earrings instead, and by the time I got the package and told them they sent the wrong thing, the dress was sold out! Rude! So instead I spent $30 on a few sweaters from H&M and another $30 on a t-shirt at Disneyland, so a monthly total of $60, which brings my overall budget down to $357. When I was cleaning up for my out of town visitors, I even came up with another bag of clothing to donate, which would add more to the budget if I ever actually took them to be donated. You guys, I am really jonesing for a new pair of boots for this year and staring at that number just makes it so much worse...even if I don't really neeeeed them. (maybe this means this goal is actually working??!!)
4. Finish Projects: well, my master bedroom is practically complete, so I'm counting that as a project.
5. Go Back to School: My application to UMd is complete and awaiting a decision. I turned in all of my paperwork mid September, but they moved the deadline to October 15, so I imagine I'll have to be a bit more patient with the decision.
Saddest news of the months? Courtney got offered a new great job in SoDak, and left us. I haven't seen Elle Dub in ages because she's too busy saving the world and reporting on global issues and such.
I did have some great visitors and go on a lovely vacay to visit the fam in Southern California, and I'm hoping I'll stop being lazy and put together a few posts on those things soon.
...but don't hold me to it.

Ahhhhh so sad!!! But I completely support spending money on new clothes :)
ReplyDelete