Five for Friday: Vacation!

I just returned from a Hurricane Sandy sponsored extra long trip to Oregon.  No special reason, other than the time to use, cheap flights, and a cute boy to see.  Here are five highlights from the trip :)

1. My mom fell asleep during church, and I totally got a picture of it without her noticing.  The lady behind her did notice, since my phone flashed and all, but I was pretty excited.  I was equally excited about going to church, since I don't get to regularly do that with my work schedule.  If you're looking for a church in the Portland Area, I recommend Rolling Hills or Willamette- both staffed by people I love, which makes picking between them impossible for me.  So I don't, and I go to both when I'm in town!

2. New hair!  Be looking for a post dedicated to the changes, and how I feel about them soon.  Many thanks to my former dance coach Amanda, for going all in with me!

3. I've been waiting to see Old Mill Brew Werks in action since my brother bought into it several months ago. I went to the physical location last April when I visited Bend, but it wasn't open the days I was there.  This time, I was determined to eat the delicious food I've seen way too many pictures of, and try more of their beers.  This one is their Neurotic Blonde and I give it two thumbs way up!  If you live in the Portland area, but can't make it to Bend to try the beer for yourself, you're in luck!  Soon Bailey's Tap Room will carry two of their most popular brews, and you can see how delicious it is, instead of just taking my word for it.

4.  You may remember that I announced a few months ago that my brother was going to have a baby this winter.  During our trip to Bend, I got to see how excited he is about his pending arrival, and I snagged this picture when he wasn't looking.  (I'm considering a paparazzi side job, don't worry)  He can't really see it since he's color blind, but he's trying on their Ergo carrier and it's totes adorabs!

5. Two words.  Waffle Window.  My super great boy knows how obsessed I've been with waffles the last few months, so he insisted on taking me to the Waffle Window while I was in town.  This delicious creation is a chocolate peanut butter waffle.  How did I not think of this myself?!

There were other highlights from the almost two weeks I was there- including but not limited to a sweet Halloween party where I was forced got to wear a box, a great concert, and plenty of time spent with my favorite boy.  Best news is, I get to see him in less than 3 weeks!

Comments

Popular Posts