Yesterday I was grateful for sleep and amazing coworkers who powered through a 16 hour shift with me.  I was, and am, also grateful that I have great friends who may disagree on politics, but can still speak kindly toward one another, even when the other side "wins" and that I live in a country where I get a say in who makes up the governing body.

Today I am grateful for a savior who is present even in the darkest times.  One of the high school seniors of the student ministry I was involved with back in Oregon committed suicide yesterday, and it has left his family, friends, school and community confused and hurting.  I find joy in watching them gather together to pray for his family as they deal with the sudden loss of their son and brother, and strength in how they are determined to make his spirit continue to influence them when his body no longer can.

Sending my love and prayers to the Farwell Family and RHCC in your time of grief and confusion.  May you feel His presence and peace in this difficult time.

Comments

  1. Vickie, I just found this and read it. Thank you. The compassion and arm wrapping to and around our family was so encouraging, strengthening, surprising and encompassing. Thank you for being a part of it from afar.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts