Resolutions and Goals: May Edition
June already? Sheesh!
1. Blog More: well, I got 4 non-goal update posts in this month, which is fewer than I'd like, but more than April... kudos to progress!
2. Buy a House: Exciting news here- I'm almost to the point of signing final paperwork on an offer I placed about a week ago- but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. I'll be sure to update y'all when things get finalized :)
3. Stop buying new clothes: well... It was actually a pretty good month, despite what the sticker price is going to tell you. I spent $25 at H&M on a couple of shirts that I love, including one that I've been wanting for a while now, so I was pretty excited about. But, the pool also opened this week, and I just can't go a year without buying a new swimsuit. This year, I wanted to invest in a real suit, instead of just buying every cute one I saw at Target. So I looked online at Nordstrom and found one I really liked, went to the store to try it on and decided I really, really like it. So I spent $60 on that- which at first makes me think that's a lot to spend on a swim suit- I think it's the most I've spent on any one thing all year. But then I remember that last year I probably spent double that on a few different suits from Target, some of which have fallen apart in the last year, so I decided it was worth the investment. (dang, I'm good at rationalizing...) That brings my amount left for the year down to $263. I have an almost complete bag of clothes ready to donate, so look for that in next month's update :)
4. Finish Projects: to be continued.
5. Go Back to School: Just waiting to be able to register for classes at Maryland next fall.
I did see Elle Dub, but Courtney is too busy traveling the country to hang out with us. Maybe we'll get lucky this month :)
1. Blog More: well, I got 4 non-goal update posts in this month, which is fewer than I'd like, but more than April... kudos to progress!
2. Buy a House: Exciting news here- I'm almost to the point of signing final paperwork on an offer I placed about a week ago- but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. I'll be sure to update y'all when things get finalized :)
3. Stop buying new clothes: well... It was actually a pretty good month, despite what the sticker price is going to tell you. I spent $25 at H&M on a couple of shirts that I love, including one that I've been wanting for a while now, so I was pretty excited about. But, the pool also opened this week, and I just can't go a year without buying a new swimsuit. This year, I wanted to invest in a real suit, instead of just buying every cute one I saw at Target. So I looked online at Nordstrom and found one I really liked, went to the store to try it on and decided I really, really like it. So I spent $60 on that- which at first makes me think that's a lot to spend on a swim suit- I think it's the most I've spent on any one thing all year. But then I remember that last year I probably spent double that on a few different suits from Target, some of which have fallen apart in the last year, so I decided it was worth the investment. (dang, I'm good at rationalizing...) That brings my amount left for the year down to $263. I have an almost complete bag of clothes ready to donate, so look for that in next month's update :)
4. Finish Projects: to be continued.
5. Go Back to School: Just waiting to be able to register for classes at Maryland next fall.
I did see Elle Dub, but Courtney is too busy traveling the country to hang out with us. Maybe we'll get lucky this month :)

Comments
Post a Comment