Resolutions and Goals: August Edition
Can I just repost last month's update because not much has changed. Spending 12 days in Oregon meant there wasn't much progress around here, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.
1. Blog More: yeah, yeah, yeah... that didn't really happen. My bad.
2. Buy a House: Check!
3. Stop Buying New Clothes: I spent $20 on a dress from one of my favorite bloggers, and then $40 on a Stand Up to Cancer sweatshirt that I wore pretty much everyday at camp. Both great purchases- and no actual trips to the mall whatsoever. That brings my yearly budget down to $417.
4. Finish Projects: nope, that didn't happen.
5. Go Back to School: Last month I mentioned that the move and my mail issues made registering for the fall a little more complicated, and as it turns out, spending almost two weeks in Oregon didn't help either. It turned into to much work to be allowed to take one online class, so I decided I'd take the fall off and start classes in the Spring. I was disappointed that this was the case since I feel like I've been working toward this for awhile now, but it's been a busy summer for me and I decided that maybe this was God's way of telling me to slow down and spend a few months getting and settled into life before adding another stressor.
I didn't even get to see Elle Dub and Courtney this month, mostly because Courtney spent the entire month in SoDak. Elle Dub landed her dream internship at the recently launched Al Jazeera America, so I'm sure she'll be quite busy this fall. I am determined to take a tour of the Capitol this month, and Elle Dub and I are headed to Valpo for a wedding next weekend, so I'm sure I'll see each of them at least once.
oh, Happy Labor Day!
1. Blog More: yeah, yeah, yeah... that didn't really happen. My bad.
2. Buy a House: Check!
3. Stop Buying New Clothes: I spent $20 on a dress from one of my favorite bloggers, and then $40 on a Stand Up to Cancer sweatshirt that I wore pretty much everyday at camp. Both great purchases- and no actual trips to the mall whatsoever. That brings my yearly budget down to $417.
4. Finish Projects: nope, that didn't happen.
5. Go Back to School: Last month I mentioned that the move and my mail issues made registering for the fall a little more complicated, and as it turns out, spending almost two weeks in Oregon didn't help either. It turned into to much work to be allowed to take one online class, so I decided I'd take the fall off and start classes in the Spring. I was disappointed that this was the case since I feel like I've been working toward this for awhile now, but it's been a busy summer for me and I decided that maybe this was God's way of telling me to slow down and spend a few months getting and settled into life before adding another stressor.
I didn't even get to see Elle Dub and Courtney this month, mostly because Courtney spent the entire month in SoDak. Elle Dub landed her dream internship at the recently launched Al Jazeera America, so I'm sure she'll be quite busy this fall. I am determined to take a tour of the Capitol this month, and Elle Dub and I are headed to Valpo for a wedding next weekend, so I'm sure I'll see each of them at least once.
oh, Happy Labor Day!

Comments
Post a Comment