Happy Nurse's Week!
Obviously, the best way to celebrate Nurse's Week is with a week of vacation- so that's what I'm doing. My "staycation" was supposed to be more of a "planning and packing for the move" week, but we all know how that's going. So I'm sleeping in, hanging out, watching a lot of House Hunters, and enjoying that I don't have to go in to work this week!
Last night we had our unit sponsored Nurse Appreciation Dinner, and even though I'm on "vacation" it takes a lot more than that to get me to turn down a free, real meal. One of my favorite things about this annual dinner is seeing all of my coworkers in normal clothes! As one of them said last night- scrubs can hide a lot!
There are times when I wonder why I picked this profession, but those are vastly outtumbered by the moments I remember that I absolutely love my job, and I'm lucky to get to do what I do- poop and all.
So, without further ado-
Happy Nurse's Week to my fellow 10Northerners! Thanks for helping me crossover from new nurse to experienced nurse, for continuing to teach me and encouraging me when the patients and their families make our job even harder. You all inspire me to be the best nurse I can be, and I'm proud to work alongside you!
And, because nursing school left me with lots of friends who went on to work at nationally-recognized hospitals all over the country, I can't help but say Happy Nurse's Week to the VU CoN Class of 2010 (minus the seat-stealing accelerated B's...) I love hearing about how you're saving lives locally and globally, and I'm grateful for your friendship!
Last night we had our unit sponsored Nurse Appreciation Dinner, and even though I'm on "vacation" it takes a lot more than that to get me to turn down a free, real meal. One of my favorite things about this annual dinner is seeing all of my coworkers in normal clothes! As one of them said last night- scrubs can hide a lot!
There are times when I wonder why I picked this profession, but those are vastly outtumbered by the moments I remember that I absolutely love my job, and I'm lucky to get to do what I do- poop and all.
So, without further ado-
Happy Nurse's Week to my fellow 10Northerners! Thanks for helping me crossover from new nurse to experienced nurse, for continuing to teach me and encouraging me when the patients and their families make our job even harder. You all inspire me to be the best nurse I can be, and I'm proud to work alongside you!
And, because nursing school left me with lots of friends who went on to work at nationally-recognized hospitals all over the country, I can't help but say Happy Nurse's Week to the VU CoN Class of 2010 (minus the seat-stealing accelerated B's...) I love hearing about how you're saving lives locally and globally, and I'm grateful for your friendship!


Comments
Post a Comment