Resolutions and Goals: April Edition

No, blog-world, I have not given up.  April was... pretty blah.  I'm itchy and have been for the last month or so.  I'll give you $500 if you can make it stop for good.  Here's what I have to offer you for April-

1. Blog-more: I'm using my mulligan this month.  The first two weeks I thought about writing blog posts and meant to do it.  Then it got to be the third week of the month, and I hadn't written any, and nothing particularly exciting was happening and I decided that I deserved a break.  So Mulligan it is.  (fitting, since the Masters falls in April)
2. Buy a house: Ugh.  I already knew I wasn't a patient person, and this whole short sale thing is just confirming that.  Still no news on the property I put an offer on in February, but I've started looking at what else might be an option.  I also gave my current apartment my 60-day notice, so I'll be moving by July 1 whether or not I have a house to move into.  I just can't justify throwing this much money away on my rent, since my roommate moved out.  Anybody have a couch I can crash on?
3. Stop Buying New Clothes: As I admitted last month, I went on a bit of a spending spree April 1st, and I bought a couple of new shirts and a skirt that totaled about $75, which brings my money remaining to $348. Seeing as it's May already, which is the 5th month of the year, and I haven't come close to spending half of my budget yet.  The other day I was in the mall and I didn't even consider window shopping.  I can now go Target without going through the clothing section at all (although I'm dying to buy a new swimsuit!)  I think the real goal here was to change the way I thought about shopping, and it's working.
4. Finish Projects: I'm putting this goal on hold until the house situation figures itself out.  My project for May is going to be cleaning my apartment, because that certainly needs to happen.
5. Go Back to School:  All of my paperwork has been submitted to the University of Maryland, now I just have to wait for the approval to sign up for classes.

I didn't even see Elle Dub and Courtney this month. Mulligan month, I'm telling ya.  You can have one too.

Comments

Popular Posts